CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Decor

This year I decided to do simple Christmas decor for one simple reason, I don't have much. I have not been really into decorating for Christmas until the past year or two. Christmas takes on a whole new meaning when you have kids!! So since I only started really decorating for Christmas two years ago...I don't have much. I hate buying Christmas decorations full price since I know the day after they all will be 1/2 off!! So I wait till after Christmas to buy things for the next year! Silly, I know but this stat-at-home mom has to be frugal!!

The entry way

I love this tree. I received it as a gift from one of my students the first Christmas I was married.

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
It is a little top heavy since I have a very active two year old who loves ornaments! We bought this pre-lit tree after Christmas in 2008 for only $20! I love it!! It pays to have a brother-in-law who works at Lowes. I love to decorate our tree with ornaments that have a meaning behind it or tells you the story of our family!

My Mantel
I think last year a splurged on a few things. The Merry Christmas and the glass orbes!! I am glad I did!

Our bookshelf
These are probably my favorite ornaments I have ever bought (you can't really see but they have the Manger scene on them)! The penguin was Nathans when he was younger! I love how it has memories attached to it! Natalie loves to shake it and look at it!

My hutch

I love owls so it was only right to have an owl tree! The Santa Clause and Angel were Nathans when we has younger. They were a gift from his Grandparents.

Our Advent House

This was a must buy last year after Christmas. I don't think we ever went without an Advent caladenar growing up. Natalie does not understand now but I look forward to making that memory with both kids in the future and sharing the story of Jesus birth with them.

I love tradtions around the holidays and look forward sharing old and making new ones as our kids get older!!

I am linking up to Kellys Korner and The Nester Tour Of Homes!!

0 comments: