CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm Back (Finally)

With summer vacation almost behind us I figured it was time to get motivated and get back to blogging!! We have been on the go almost the entire summer and with only a few more trips to be made, I'm looking forward to being able to put me feet up and rest until we have to start all over again beginning in November.

This summer had many first for Natalie. On July 27th she took her first road trip to the beach and loved it. I was worried she would hate the sand, the water and the sun but she soaked it all up with smiles and the occasional tantrum. Nathan, Natalie, and I took the long 9 hour drive to Cape San Blas with Nathan’s brother, wife and three kids (separate cars of course).

Natalie did better than I expected during the car ride there. I rode in the back seat with her for most of the trip so I could feed her and entertain her when she was not sleeping.

She was not interested in building sand castles with her rack, just eating it.

Natalie became quite the master at napping on the beach! We had to keep on eye on her because some times she would pop up from her nap and grab the closest thing to her, which happened to be my Mountain dew and that that is how she got her first taste of Mountain Dew!!!!

By far Natalie favorite thing was swimming in the pool. She loved just lounging and floating around. She got a kick out of putting her face in the water and then coming back up. She would kick her legs trying to swim and slash at the water.

We had a great trip to Florida and are looking forward to next summer!!

Natalie turns 9 months on the 5th. I can't believe only 3 more months and by baby girl will be 1 year old!!! It only feels like yesterday I was dreaming of what she would look like!! I have already stated thinking of her birthday party and starting to get things together.

Thursday we are heading our on yet another road trip. This time to PA for a family reunion. It will be exciting since no one has meet Natalie and this will be their first time seeing her. Since this trip is a little longer then the trip to Florida I hope Natalie does well!! Wish us luck!


0 comments: